Etihad Airways Engineering (website) privacy statement
The entity responsible for your personal information is Etihad Airways Engineering L.L.C.
Etihad Airways Engineering L.L.C ("Etihad Airways Engineering", "we", "us", "our) is the largest commercial maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services provider in the Middle East. The company offers line, light and heavy maintenance services around the clock, including design, advanced composite repair, cabin refurbishment and component services, from its state-of-the-art facility adjacent to Abu Dhabi International Airport.
Etihad Airways Engineering is a subsidiary of Etihad Aviation Group P.J.S.C., a diversified global aviation and travel group comprising five business divisions – besides Etihad Airways Engineering - Etihad Airways, Etihad Airport Services, the Hala Group and the Airline Equity Partners.
At Etihad Aviation Group, and our affiliates and branch offices (collectively referred to as "EAG", "we", "us"), we take our data protection and privacy responsibilities seriously. This statement describes how we collect, process, use, disclose and transfer your personal information as a data controller. It covers instances when you contact us, use our services or interact with our website, www.etihadengineering.com, (the "Etihad Airways Engineering Website").
Use of the Etihad Airways Engineering Website is subject to our terms of acceptable use, found in our Terms and Conditions. Any products and services supplied are subject to our Terms and Conditions, Customer Care Policy and General Conditions of Carriage.
We may amend this statement from time to time to keep it up to date with legal requirements and the way we operate our business. Please check these pages for the latest version of this statement regularly.
Third Party Websites
What personal information we collect and when and why we use it
In this section you can find out more about:
- The types of personal information we collect
- When we collect personal information
When you use services provided on the Etihad Airways Engineering Website, you will be asked to provide certain information such as your name and contact details. We will hold, store and use personal information (which will be processed with/by electronic and non-electronic means) in the following ways:
- To fulfil any agreement we have with you;
- To allow you to submit any enquiry to us or to contact us;
- To analyse how our users access and navigate our services and use of the Etihad Airways Engineering Website;
- To get feedback from customers on the quality of our services;
- To help detect and prevent criminal activity; and
- For any other purpose notified on the Etihad Airways Engineering Website.
Legal basis for using your data
We will only collect, use and share your personal information where we have an appropriate legal basis to do so. Appropriate legal bases include:
• where we need to use your personal information to perform a contract or take steps to enter into a contract with you;
• our legitimate interests as a commercial organisation, for example we may use data you give us to respond to your queries about our services; and
• where we have your consent to using your personal information for any particular activity.
If you would like to find out more about the legal bases upon which we process personal information please see the table below:
|No.||What we use your information for||Further details||Legal basis for using personal information|
|1||To manage any agreements we have with you||In order to fulfil and manage any agreement we have with you, we will need to process personal information about you such as your name, company, title, email address, and telephone number.||To perform our contract with you.|
|2||To analyse the use of the Etihad Airways Engineering Website||In order to analyse how our users access and navigate our services and use the Etihad Airways Engineering Website, we will need to process personal information about you such as your browsing activity using cookies on our website.||
Our legitimate interests.
It is in our legitimate interests to analyse how our users access and navigate our services and use the Etihad Airways Engineering Website. It is unlikely that us doing this will override your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of your personal data.
|3||To communicate with you to obtain feedback on our services.||In order to communicate with you to obtain feedback on our services, we will need to process personal information about you such as your name, address, company, title, email address, telephone number, etc.||Our legitimate interests.
It is in our legitimate interests to ensure that we run our business efficiently and provide a high quality of service to our customers. It is unlikely that us doing this will override your fundamental interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of your personal data.
If you are a data subject protected by the GDPR you have rights to restrict or object to this processing, however please note that this may adversely affect our ability to obtain feedback from you to improve the quality of our services.
|4||To provide you with customer support.||In order to provide you with customer support including responding to any queries which you may send us, we will need to process personal information about you such as your name, address, company, title, email address, and telephone number.||Our legitimate interests.
It is in our legitimate interests to ensure that our business runs smoothly and that we provide you with timely customer support, without undue delay and complication. It is unlikely that us doing this will override your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of your personal data.
If you are a data subject protected by the GDPR you have rights to restrict or object to this processing, however please note that this may adversely affect our ability to provide you with effective customer support.
How we share information with others
We work closely with a number of trusted partners with whom we need to share information to help us provide our services:
• our group or affiliate companies around the world, including other Etihad brands such as, Etihad Airways, Etihad Cargo and Etihad Aviation Training – see table below for details of these companies; and other third parties who help manage our business and deliver services. For example, these may include IT service providers who help manage our IT and back office systems, or third party booking agents.
|Entity name & address|
|United Arab Emirates||Etihad Aviation Group P.J.S.C.
New Airport Road
Khalifa City 'A',
PO Box 35566
|United Arab Emirates||Etihad Airways P.J.S.C.
New Airport Road
Khalifa City 'A',
PO Box 35566
|United Arab Emirates||Etihad Cargo LLC
New Airport Road
Khalifa City 'A',
PO Box 35566
|United Arab Emirates||Etihad Aviation Training LLC
Khalifa City 'A',
South East 48, Zone P1
If, in the future, we sell or transfer some or all of our business or assets to a third party, we may disclose or transfer information to a potential or actual third party purchaser of our business or assets.
Transferring personal information globally
We operate our business from our facility Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE) and personal data that you give to us will typically be transferred and processed there. You should be aware that the UAE has laws which do not offer, in the opinion of the European Commission or other supervisory authorities, an adequate level of data protection.
We will always strive to adopt the highest standards of privacy protection, wherever your personal information is located, and adopt appropriate measures (consistent with locally applicable laws) to secure an adequate level of privacy protection. We will take appropriate steps to ensure that transfers of personal information are in accordance with applicable laws and carefully managed to protect your privacy rights and interests. Transfers will be limited to countries which are recognized as providing an adequate level of legal protection or where we can be satisfied that alternative arrangements are in place to protect your privacy rights. To this end:
- we ensure transfers within Etihad Group will be covered by an agreement entered into by members of Etihad Group (called an "intra-group agreement") which contractually obliges each member of the Etihad Group to ensure that personal information receives an adequate and consistent level of protection wherever it is transferred within Etihad Group; or
- where we transfer your personal information outside EAG or to third parties who help provide our products and services, we obtain contractual commitments from them to protect your personal information. Some of these assurances are well recognized certification schemes like the "EU - US Privacy Shield" for the protection of personal information transferred from within the European Union ("EU") to the USA.
You have a right to contact us for more information about the safeguards we have put in place (including a copy of relevant contractual commitments) to ensure the adequate protection of your personal information when this is transferred as mentioned above. See also the section titled "Your Rights", below.
How we protect and store your information
How we protect your information
We invest an appropriate level of resources to protect the security and confidentiality of personal information.
We offer the use of secure communication transmission software (known as "secure sockets layer" or "SSL") that encrypts all information you input to our website before it is sent to us. SSL is an industry standard encryption protocol and this ensures that the information is reasonably protected against unauthorised interception;
We also follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access to that information; and we take all reasonable and appropriate steps to protect your personal information but cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose to us via email or online.
Where you disclose information to us using our mobile app, please ensure that your device remains safe. We cannot be held responsible for any data misuse arising from unauthorised access to your device.
Storing your personal information
We will store your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, as explained in this statement. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of in a safe manner. In some circumstances we may need to store your personal information for longer periods, for instance where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, regulatory, tax, accounting requirements. Should you require information about how we retain particular information you can contact us.
In specific circumstances we may store your personal information for longer periods so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges, or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation relating to your personal information or dealings.
Cookies and mobile
Our policy on "cookies"
A cookie is an element of data that a website sends to your browser, which then stores it on your system. Cookies may collect personal information about you. Cookies allow us to understand who has seen which pages and advertisements, to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas of our website. Cookies also allow us to make Etihad Airways Engineering Website more user-friendly by, for example, allowing us to take you to the language site of last use, so that we can give you a better experience when you return to our website.
Cookies will be deployed on your device when you visit Etihad Airways Engineering Website unless you indicate that you do not wish this to happen or if you have turned this feature 'off' in your web browser or device settings.
For more information about how our cookies work and information about how to manage your cookie settings please visit www.etihadengineering.com/cookie-policy.
Your rights - legal rights available to help manage your privacy
You may have certain legal rights regarding your personal information depending upon the country you are in or how we interact with you. You can learn more about this in this section.
Subject to the terms of this Privacy Statement, we guarantee that you have the following key rights wherever you are:
- To access your personal information. We will tell you what personal information we hold about you and can provide you with a copy of this
- To seek rectification of that personal information. Where the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate we will rectify this, upon your request. Note that this right may be limited in terms of the scope of detail that we will or can rectify;
- To lodge a complaint with us. We will receive and handle your complaints in accordance with best practice and depending upon where you are and whether we are subject to it, any applicable law.
If you are resident in the European Union or otherwise benefit from rights as a data subject under the EU General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"), you will have certain additional rights in relation to how we handle your personal information.
To access your personal information
- You have a right to request that we provide you with a copy of your personal information that we hold and you have the right to be informed of: (a) the source of your personal information; (b) the purposes, legal basis and methods of processing; (c) the data controller’s identity; and (d) the entities or categories of entities to whom your personal information may be transferred.
To seek rectification of that personal information
- You have a right to request that we rectify inaccurate personal information. We may seek to verify the accuracy of the personal information before rectifying it.
- We are not required to comply with your request to erase personal information if the processing of your personal information is necessary:
(a) for compliance with a legal obligation; or
(b) for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
To erase personal information
You can also request that we erase your personal information in limited circumstances where:
- it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected; or
- you have withdrawn your consent (where the data processing was based on consent); or
- following a successful exercise of the right to object (see right to object); or
- it has been processed unlawfully; or
- to comply with a legal obligation to which Etihad is subject.
To restrict the processing of your personal information;
You can ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information, but only where:
- its accuracy is contested, to allow us to verify its accuracy; or
- the processing is unlawful, but you do not want it erased; or
- it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected, but we still need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- you have exercised the right to object, and verification of overriding grounds is pending.
We can continue to use your personal information following a request for restriction, where:
- we have your consent; or
- to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- to protect the rights of another natural or legal person.
To transfer your personal information;
You can ask us to provide your personal information to you in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format, or you can ask to have it transferred directly to another data controller, but in each case only where:
- the processing is based on your consent or on the performance of a contract with you; and
- the processing is carried out by automated means.
To object to the processing of personal information;
You can ask us to stop processing your data where our legitimate interest is our legal basis for doing so unless we can show compelling legitimate grounds for continuing to process your data which override your own interests, or where we need to do so in order to defend legal claims against Etihad Group;
To obtain a copy of personal information safeguards used for transfers outside your jurisdiction;
You can ask to obtain a copy of, or reference to, the safeguards under which your personal information is transferred outside of the European Union. We may redact data transfer agreements to protect commercial terms
To lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority.
- You have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority if you have concerns about how we are processing your personal information.
- We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with us first, although you have a right to contact your supervisory authority at any time.
You may have other rights depending upon the country you are in.
- If you wish to access any of these rights, we may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes, in particular before disclosing personal information to you. We reserve the right to refuse to provide this additional information if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
- You can exercise your rights by contacting us. Subject to legal and other permissible considerations, we will make every reasonable effort to honour your request promptly or inform you if we require further information in order to fulfil your request.
- We may not always be able to address your request fully, for example if it would impact the duty of confidentiality we owe to others, or if we are legally entitled to deal with the request in a different way.
The primary point of contact for all issues arising from this privacy statement, is our Data Protection Officer. The Data Protection Officer can be contacted in the following ways:
Please click here or write to the Ethics and Compliance Office, Etihad Aviation Group, PO Box 35566, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints regarding our compliance with this statement and the data protection laws, or if you wish to exercise your rights, we encourage you to contact us first. We will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes and will make every reasonable effort to honour your wish to exercise your rights as quickly as possible and in any event, within the timescales provided by data protection laws.
To contact your data protection supervisory authority
In some countries, you may have a right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection supervisory authority. We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with us before your local supervisory authority.